wedding photography and video prices 2016
Ranked 51st out of 7,069 wedding photogaphers in the UK in the UK by Free Index Directory!
- We love travelling to nice people's weddings so wherever your wedding is we currently don't make any charge for travel, or travel-time at all.
- Wherever your wedding is we are happy to stay all day - as long as you like - for no extra charge at all.
- We understand that many people struggle with their wedding budget so only take a token booking fee of £50 followed by £500 for UK weddings and weddings abroad four weeks before your wedding (all advance payments come off the total balance) and the final balance when you choose and order your prints or album.
- Even if you want to have your photos in a digital format, we'd love to offer you at least our smallest album - 8x8 inches with 20 high quality photos printed on photographic paper (£190) so whatever happens in the future you'll still have something tangible to show future generations.
- If choosing a storybook album we let you pay for 50% of the remaining balance at the time of ordering and the rest when your album arrives.
- We put all your wedding pics Facebook if wished, so everyone can see them.
- You can email or call us anytime, though hopefully not before 9.00 am or much after midnight!
- You can contribute your own ideas or preferences in your own personal album design, as we upload it for your feedback and ideas before sending it to print - we don't mind how hard we work to make you 100% happy with your album design - even if it means staying up all night!
- After you have paid for your album, or prints or agreed order, you can also purchase all images shot - which can be anything between 400 and over thousand full-res image files, all carefully worked on in their RAW data state (that's what takes us at least a week per wedding one average) and when ready converted to standard full resolution jpeg files and put onto one or more DVDs for you to keep for posterity.
- we'll even come along to your Hen or Stagnight too for just £380 if you want all those pics for you to print from or you might perefer to buy the prints from us online, plus our standard wedding day photography prices, subject to availability.
- This one day will stay forever in your memory, even your thoughts will come back to you, prompted by the expressions on your faces as you look at your wedding photos. We are NOT cheap but we hope you will value your wedding photography as much as we do.
Fun wedding photography
I will share your day if you are the first couple to book your date, then after that Jorge, or another member of our team will get the pleasure. I have a few overseas weddings soon this year, as usual, but I guess you are probably looking ahead a bit anyway.
A good place to start on our rather cluttered and busy website is on our Picture Blog or on our Storybook Page, where you can see different weddings at a glance or perhaps click on our Facebook page to see whole weddings - both Winter and summer and international ones. Email us or give me a call (Elaine - 07990 867058) ... You can also LIKE on Facebook page - or type Reel Life Photos into Facebook search.
When our brides and grooms come to choose their wedding photos, they all seem to have the same criteria – facial expressions and an emotional response. Very few people only value "glamour" style posed pictures - even though they all appreciate family groups who look relaxed and natural rather than all in a straight line like a bus-queue. Our ethos has always been to put feelings first - and money last. However much - or however little - a bride is able/prepared to pay for her wedding, has no influence at all on the number of hours we stay or the effort we put in to make the couple - and their family's experience the best ever.
Some brides have never had so much attention focussed on them, and as many are already mothers with lines of tiredness round their eyes, so to have someone make them feel and look beautiful, to focus on making them special on their wedding day is as important as the final results themselves.
Sometimes we are about to leave after the first dance, as all appears to have been taken, but then suddenly we can launch into an outdoor night-time series of pics in the depths of Winter, as the couple are enjoying it so much!
So it’s all about understanding our individual couple's hopes and dreams – not forgetting that your respective parents/families who might have a different vision which needs to be included too - and doing our utmost to help you fulfil them.
You can keep the date with just a £50 booking fee then pay £500 four weeks before the wedding, Both come off the full prices agreed with you in advance prices course...
After your wedding you can choose what you would like to have to take home with you - which is entirely up to you!
Storybook or traditional album Album Prices
Our album prices are based on the number of photos you choose to include, so a 12 x8 album with 30 photos is £600 and you add on £10 for each extra photo included. There are additionl options such as adding on a presentation box, or albums with larger pages, parent's albums, bridesmaid's softback tiny copies, adding on digital files, but we try to keep things easy to understand.
I know you all want to have everything (!) but we want you to at least get something that you can see without any technology or devices needed. I still have beautiful pictures from my late parent's wedding - more than half a century on - but now everyone expects "just digital" thinking its cheaper and the best solution for them. We think that is a bit sad, as in years to come, there is every chance you may have lost your precious images, or have corrupted the files, so they may not able to be viewed by subsequent generations.
So now I believe that before we release any digital files, that at the very least we should professionally print 30 of your favourite prints or order our starter album for you at £190. We only charge £10 a print (9x6) or £15 a print (12x8) so great value!
If you still think our "Digital Only Option" is what you really, really have to have - a full week's work for us preparing hundreds of images for you (actual number will vary according to how your day pans out and how excited you all are at being photographed) - ( the JPG images on a set of DVDs from which you can make as many prints as you like), the price for that is £1,500 for one full wedding day (unlimited time on the day) .
If you have already paid us for an album, or prints, this will be a lot cheaper - just an additional £500 for a one day wedding. We prefer you to order your most important prints through us though, so we can make sure the colours have the correct colour profile for the particular lab being used. (Yes, we actually charge less to give you more!)
For wedding video see our site - £1660 for 4 DVD copies of your fully-edited TV-styled personal video, or if you just want a straight copy for your records - just to show grandma or someone who couldn't make it on the day - with virtually no editing - no music, or colour balancing or sound editing - its £750.
You only need pay one booking fee and one advance payment though, if choosing to have both of us over to share your day, unless of course you want to get payments out of the way quickly! We even pay our own travel costs as you have enough to pay for!. (Sometimes even the same prices wherever in the UK or abroad, as we love travelling to meet different people in exciting locations all over the world, but this could change).
We also do wall prints as crystal clear 10mmm Acrylic - up to 42" wide. See here.
If you want to see thousands of wedding photos look on our Facebook page or to see 500 of my favourite wedding photos - all cultures and from many different wedding destinations, international and UK wedding pictures look here.
To arrange an appointment or book your wedding Contact Elaine here!